At KR Dental we can make you a custom fitted mouthguard, which can help significantly reduce the risk of dental injuries. Sport, leisure and recreation activities are the most common cause of dental injuries.
A custom-fitted mouthguard is made by one of our dentists using an impression taken of your teeth and a plaster modeL Custom fitting allows the dentist to accurately assess your mouth and provide the best fit, size, coverage and thickness in a mouthguard especially made for you.
How to look after your mouthguard:
- Rinse the mouthguard in soap and warm (not hot) water after each use. Allowing it to air-dry.
- Disinfect the mouthguard from time to time with a mouthwash.
- Keep the mouthguard in a well-ventilated plastic storage box when not in use. The box should have several holes in it.
- Do not leave the mouthguard in direct sunlight, in a closed car or in the car's glove box. Heat can damage it.
- Ask your dentist to inspect your mouthguard at every dental check-up.
- Replace the mouthguard if it is damaged. Replace a child's mouthguard every 12 to 18 months, even if it appears to be in good condition. Growth and new teeth can alter the fit.
- Replace an adult's mouthguard after dental treatment or tooth loss. Otherwise it should last for many years.
KR Dental News
Educational Kindergarten Visit
Recently Dr Miller and his Dental Assistant Nadia also made a special visit to our local Florence Kindergarten and then at a later date Dr Miller and Dental Assistant Becky also visited the Sesame Lane Kindergarten where they had a great time teaching the Kindy kids about good Oral Health and the importance of a good Oral Hygiene routine. At the end of their special demonstrations all the kids received a Dental Health pack with lots of goodies inside.
Fun was had by all!Read More
Colouring In Competition Winners!!
We would like to congratulate our special Colouring in Competition Winners, well done to everyone who entered, the competition was tough and everyone who entered did a wonderful job!Read More
Our Team here at KR Dental has recently participated in our refresher First Aid Course, this was a great opportunity for our team to update and further our skills together - a fun Day was had by all, followed by a fabulous dinner out together at Pilpel – Suttons Beach.Read More